Sinclair Conventional 10W-40 Motor Oil
Conventional Motor Oil Passenger Car Motor Oil
Sinclair Conventional 10W-40 Motor Oil is specifically formulated for the needs of older vehicles and/or higher-temperature climates, where thicker oils may be preferred. It offers the following:
- Thermal breakdown resistance and deposit formation reduction, for better, longer-lasting engine protection than conventional oils provide.
- Engine cleaning additives.
- A strong film barrier that controls friction, resists wear and prevents contact between metal surfaces.
Conventional Motor Oil: Performance You'll Notice
Specifically formulated to give you:
Unsurpassed control of friction and wear.
- Designed to work, even under the most severe, extreme environmental conditions and engine stresses.
A strong oil film helps avoid metal-to-metal contact, even under stress.
- Excellentprotection against wear, with molecules that actually bond and prevent metal-to-metal contact of rotating engine parts.
- Heat-activated friction reduction that forms a vital barrier that protects against friction in metal surfaces.1
Extends oil life by withstanding heat and shearing.
- Excellent control of oxidation and deposits.
- Keeps working and protecting, even in harsh conditions.
¹ To measure friction reduction benefits, engineers used the ball-on-disk traction test.
- Provides performance benefits for passenger cars, light trucks and sport utility vehicles, including new and rebuilt engines.
- Exceeds ILSAC GF-5 performance requirements.
|API SJ, SH, SG, SF||Meets Requirements|
|API SL||Meets Requirements|
|API SM||Meets Requirements|
|API SN||Meets Requirements|
|API SN Plus||Meets Requirements|
|Boron, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.02|
|Calcium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.099|
|Cold Cranking Simulator at (°C), cP||ASTM D5293||6100 (-25)|
|Flash Point °C||ASTM D92||237|
|Flash Point °F||ASTM D92||459|
|Foam Seq. III (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. II (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Foam Seq. I (Tendency/Stability), mL||ASTM D892 (Opt. A)||0/0|
|Gravity, °API||ASTM D287||31.71|
|High Temperature Foaming, static foam||ASTM D6082 (Opt A)||0/0|
|High Temperature / High Shear Vis at 150°C, cP||ASTM D5481||3.99|
|Magnesium, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.059|
|Molybdenum, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.0079|
|Nitrogen, wt. %||ASTM D4629||0.087|
|Noack Volatility, % loss||ASTM D6375||11|
|Phosphorus, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.077|
|Pour Point °C (°F)||ASTM D5950||-39°C (-38°F)|
|Pumping Viscosity at (°C), cP||ASTM D4684||30,000 (-30)|
|Shear Stability, Final Viscosity in cSt||ASTM D6278||11.5|
|Specific Gravity @ 60°F (15.6°C)||ASTM D4052||0.8670|
|Sulfated Ash, wt. %||ASTM D874||0.92|
|Sulfur, wt. %||ASTM D4951||0.3|
|TBN, mgKOH/g||ASTM D2896||7.0|
|Viscosity @ 100°C cSt||ASTM D445||14.96|
|Viscosity @ 40°C cSt||ASTM D445||107.3|
|Viscosity Index||ASTM D2270||145|
|Zinc, wt. %||ASTM D5185||0.085|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 503-006|
|6/1 Quart||Product Number - 540-014|
Information accurate as of July 7, 2021